Own a spectacular riverfront home in the heart of Wasaga Beach. With 50 feet of prime boating frontage within view of the Nancy Island Lighthouse on the sparkling Nottawasaga River, your family will have plenty of choices for fun-filled weekend activities, a perfect setting for entertaining and spectacular sunsets from the riverside deck to fill your memory cards. “Down by the Riverside” lifestyle: the river and nearby beachfront are a part of your life here, with sun-drenched patio time soothing your cares away, the sound of waves breaking on the beach lulling you to sleep at night, and prime fishing and boating just steps down to the dock.
From every angle, this home has much to offer. From the soaring sky-lit cathedral ceilings to the recently updated basement flooring, from the double garage with two inside entries, to the river view patio walkouts, and everything in between, 1180 River Road West is ready to capture your attention.
On the main floor, beyond the wide entry hall, a spacious main floor bedroom and 1/2 bath, the main gathering area welcomes you with an open concept dining/living room with built-in wet bar. Natural light abounds here, in the sunroom and in the family room, which all access the river view patio. A floor-to-ceiling gas fireplace in the family room creates a beautiful setting adjacent to the dining nook. The kitchen is just the right size and perfectly laid-out, with oak cabinetry and a breakfast bar. Continue through to the main floor laundry room, noting the built in cabinets, and head out via the mud room to the side yard or to the garage.
Upstairs, follow a carpeted connection to the serene and wonderfully spacious Master bedroom, outfitted with walk-in closet and ensuite bath with spa tub and separate shower. On the other side of the stairs, an additional bathroom has recently been completely updated and is handy to two pristine bedrooms.
Head downstairs to discover a fantastic fully finished basement, perfect for rainy day games in front of the gas fireplace, entertaining around a great bar area, a kids playroom and/or media room, exercise and hobby rooms…the options are endless! A 3 piece bath is convenient to an inside entry to the garage here. With huge closets, pantry areas and a room beyond the workshop area, this level offers tons of organized storage space.
Be sure to read through the full list of exterior and interior features below.
360° Photo Tour
Move through the 360 degree photo tour, clicking on each floor, and on each room as you move through the home. Autoplay a circular rotation around every room, or scroll in any direction to appreciate the ceilings and other angles.
Then, click on the first photo in the gallery and enjoy a tour at your pace, noting the unique features of the design, where the sun’s play of light on the river is never far from sight. Picture your furnishings fitting in nicely in every room…and envision your loved ones enjoying every moment in this special place! Above all, 1180 River Road West is in move-in condition, ready to welcome you home.
1180 River Road West Photo Gallery
- Concrete driveway can easily accommodate 4 vehicles
- Concrete sidewalks and patio
- Two patio areas for maximum river view enjoyment; upper patio wired for hot tub
- 200′ deep lot with 50 feet of prime boating riverfront with sturdy wood break wall and dock
- Landscaped with a lush healthy lawn, beautiful mature evergreen and deciduous trees, tiered perennial gardens
- All brick exterior
- Double garage with inside entry to mud room and to basement near bathroom
- Convenient side door into mud room
- Wired for outside hot tub on riverside patio
- 2,481 sq. ft above grade (3,840 sq.ft. of finished living space)
- 3 bedrooms upstairs, 1 bedroom on the main floor
- 3 and 1/2 bathrooms
- 1/2 bath adjacent to main floor bedroom
- Master bedroom ensuite bath with jetted spa tub and separate shower
- Recently updated 4-piece bathroom upstairs
- Downstairs bathroom with shower, convenient to inside entry from garage
- Beautiful oak hardwood flooring, new modern laminate, ceramic tile and carpet
- Cathedral ceilings with skylights at river side of house, skylights in upstairs bedroom
- Northern Comfort windows with Lifetime Warranty
- 2 gas fireplaces
- York brand forced air natural gas furnace installed in 2012
- Spacious kitchen with plenty of cabinets
- Basement with plenty of space to envision home office, workshop, exercise and entertaining needs
- Culligan water conditioning
- Central air
- Central vac
- Abundant organized storage throughout home, large closets and pantry
- 1180 River Road West is located within view of historic Nancy Island and lighthouse. History buffs will take interest in the fact that these are the precise shores where the battles took place in August 1814 and in fact, cannon balls have been found along these banks. The Wasaga Under Siege re-enactment will be back again this August! Click here for more information about the event, the cultural and historical significance of Nancy Island as well as the natural history of this beautiful area (did someone say plovers??)
- On the section of the Nottawasaga River that is most desirable due to its prime boating and fishing
- The shores of Georgian Bay are close enough, and the acoustics are such that you are often lulled to sleep by the sound of waves breaking on the beach
- Steps from your driveway you’ll enjoy the Wasaga Beach Nordic and Trail Centre (aka Blueberry Trails), one of Wasaga Beach’s gems. Over 30 km of groomed trails make this area a destination for hikers, mountain bikers, cross-country skiers, bird-watchers and all who appreciate time spent relaxing in nature.
- In mere minutes’ from your front door you are picking up whatever you need from the store, hiking/biking/cross-country skiing on nearby MNR trails or heading down to the beach for the day
- For military members, it’s a relaxed 37 km drive to CFB Borden.
- For detailed directions and travel times, click here and enter your current location.
- No time to check out the area surrounding 1180 River Road West? Zoom around the map below.
You Won’t Know Until You Go
In central Wasaga Beach, residents can expect to enjoy the best of life. Meander down River Road West, get a feel for the area, noting the proximity to Blueberry Trails, the library, playground, shopping, restaurants and the beach. Notice the mature trees, well-kept lawns and pride of ownership displayed by riverfront homeowners. This is a fantastic area for all ages and stages of life and the access to four-season fun in Wasaga Beach and surrounding areas is second to none.
Since pictures are only the visual part of the story, we hope you’ll make your appointment today to fill in the rest!
Take some advice from the river: go with the flow and enjoy the journey. But first, Carpe Diem! Seize the opportunity to experience all the reasons why 1180 River Road West should top your list.
Please contact Bruce Johnson with any questions and/or to schedule your private showing.
Make your appointment to experience the ultimate in family relaxation here at 1180 River Road West. When you decide to Live…Where Others Vacation, count on Bruce to deliver A Moving Experience!