Love at First Sight
This remarkable property offers 1,240 sq. ft. of finished living space on a landscaped 50′ x 173′ lot close to the waters of Georgian Bay between Wasaga Beach and Collingwood. From the sunny front patio you can hear the waves, the wind in the high treetops, a chorus of songbirds…and not much else! Nature lovers will feel an instant attraction to the woodsy charm of the surroundings, and the style of the interior continues to spark the imagination.
With spacious living and dining areas, two fireplaces and three bedrooms including a beautiful master bedroom with a huge double closet, a large main floor laundry room and an updated 4-pc bath, this unique home offers something special for everyone.What would it be like to live here? Whether it’s the post-and-beam walls, the lofty cathedral ceilings, the solid hardwood floors or the way the sun streams through sheer curtains into the unpretentious, pretty rooms, this is a home you will enjoy viewing in person today and possibly for years to come.
Lovingly maintained and updated, this property is in move-in condition and ready for new owners. Make your appointment today to experience the powerful happiness potential of 23 Selkirk Road!
Click here to view the photo gallery (click here if you’re on your mobile device) noting how every aspect of this property seems to offer enjoyment, whether you’re out on the front patio, inside in the various living spaces or out on the back deck.
Could this be the one? From the perennial rock gardens to the bliss-filled easy-care backyard…from the steel roof to the hardwood floors and everything in between, 23 Selkirk Road is ready to welcome you home.
- No grass to mow in front; stone patio, beautiful hosta/ivy/rock garden and gravel 3-car driveway
- Landscaped 50′ x 173′ lot with mature cedar, pine and birch trees, perennial/rock gardens
- Fenced back yard with gated entry to area with garden shed
- Back deck for sunning, family BBQs and entertaining
- Easy-care size means back yard is perfect for family fun yet not demanding your whole weekend to keep up
- Log cabin and cedar shake exterior
- Newer metal roof
- Town water and maintained/updated septic system
- 1,240 sq. ft. of finished living space
- Updated hardwood
- Carpet in 2nd and 3rd bedrooms
- Cathedral ceiling in living and dining areas
- Bright galley kitchen with plenty of cabinet and counter space
- Eat-in kitchen and lovely dining room
- Master bedroom with huge double closet
- Updated 4-piece bath
- Brick surround on both the corner gas fireplace (recently installed) in liv/dining room as well as behind the wood-burning fireplace in the family room
- Abundant organized storage throughout home
- Newer baseboards installed as backup for fireplaces
- Don’t have time right now to drive through the friendly Selkirk neighbourhood? You can still zoom around the map below to see the home’s proximity to Collingwood and Wasaga Beach’s shops, restaurants and amenities.
- From the end of your driveway you can check the height of the waves and predict the day’s forecast from whether the water is a steely gray or a brilliant blue. Just steps to the waterfront access points where you can go for a dip, a paddle, a stand-up paddleboard or just spend quiet time admiring the swans, geese, ducks and view of Georgian Bay. The neighbours are quick with a welcoming wave and smile, evidence of a micro-community feeling where everyone looks out for each other.
- In mere minutes’ from your front door you are picking up whatever you need from the store, golfing, skiing or biking on area trails. It’s a quick 8-minute drive to downtown Collingwood (5 minutes to the Collingwood Hospital) or follow Beachwood Road, just 15-20 minutes to Wasaga’s Beach Area One.
For detailed directions, click here and enter your current location.
You Won’t Know Until You Go
On Selkirk Road, residents can expect to enjoy the best of life. Drive slowly down Beachwood Drive, get a feel for the area, enjoying the minimized (since the highway was finished) traffic, mature trees and well-kept lawns. This is a fantastic neighbourhood for all ages and stages of life and the access to four-season fun in Collingwood, Wasaga Beach and surrounding areas is second to none.
Since pictures are only the visual part of the story, we hope you’ll make your appointment today to fill in the rest! Please contact Bruce Johnson with any questions and/or to schedule your private showing.
Seize the opportunity to experience all the reasons why 23 Selkirk Road should top your list. It’s always a moving experience when you decide to Live…Where Others Vacation!