It’s All About Lifestyle
Here’s a rare opportunity to own a fantastic home in the highly sought-after McKean subdivision in Nottawa. It’s located close to Collingwood schools, trails, shopping, dining, amenities and four-season fun (golf, skiing, boating, curling, you name it!) With an in-ground saltwater pool and plenty of room to spread your wings, the “stay-cation” appeal is strong here as well.
This lovely all-brick raised bungalow sits on a gorgeous 89′ x 166′ mature-treed lot where perennial landscaping leads you to a grand entrance or around to the private, fully fenced back yard, where you can enjoy the pool, delight in gardening or do nothing at all. A walkout from the spacious kitchen leads to a nice shady deck and the sunny pool/patio area, perfect for entertaining. A lawn sprinkler system keeps things green. You’ll appreciate the long paved driveway and oversized 1.5-car garage. An inside entry leads conveniently from the garage to the lower level, perfect for in-law living considerations.
Inside the 4 bedroom, 2 bath home you’ll find 2,500 sq. ft. of finished living space (1,531 sq ft on the main floor).The layout flows well and is nicely finished up and down with a beautiful wood fireplace in the main floor living room, a gas fireplace in the downstairs family room and plenty of closets and organized storage space. The eat-in kitchen has plenty of countertop and cabinet space, a centre island and an abundance of natural light.
On the main floor there are three bedrooms with large windows and closets and one large bathroom, which also serves as a master bedroom semi-ensuite. In the fully finished lower level, high quality carpeting flows throughout and the rec room feels cozy and welcoming all year with in-floor heating and a built in bar. There is also a fourth bedroom and an extra large 3-pc bathroom incorporates a clean and bright laundry area.
On either side of the fun family and rec rooms you’ll find abundant organized storage and a great workshop or hobby room.
- Artfully-designed landscaping and nearly 90 feet of road frontage
- Stylish double doors at front entry
- Plenty of back yard for family fun, entertaining and just relaxing outdoors
- In-ground saltwater pool and pool heater/heat pump
- Property is partially fenced and mature-treed, lending a wonderfully private, sheltered feeling
- Paved driveway to oversized single garage with convenient inside entry
- Classic low-maintenance all brick exterior
- Back yard walkout via patio doors in the kitchen
- 2,500 sq. ft. of total finished living space
- Ceramic, wood, modern laminate and carpet
- Spacious kitchen with plenty of cabinet space
- All 4 bedrooms with big windows and closets
- Master bedroom with double closets, each with built-in organizers
- Main floor bath is also a huge 4-piece semi-ensuite with jetted corner tub
- Fourth bedroom is downstairs and could also function as a home office, exercise or hobby room
- Interior walls painted in contemporary designer hues
- Main floor living room becomes a central gathering place off the kitchen/dining area with far wall featuring a wood-burning fireplace with stone surround and custom mantel
- Second fireplace (natural gas) brings cozy warmth to lower level’s family room
- Rec area downstairs fantastic for gatherings, large enough for table sports, crafting or parties and enhanced by in-floor heating (with separate thermostat) under the newer carpeting (2013)
- Abundant organized storage throughout home, large closets, linen closet, large shelving area off furnace
- Great workshop area with additional storage space and handy inside entry to garage
- Newer high efficiency furnace and water softening system
Click on any photo below to enlarge the photo gallery (click here if you’re on your mobile device) noting the benefits of the floor plan, with something special for everyone to enjoy. This is what you get when you mix country living charm with a contemporary, youthful vibe. Envision enjoying a a spacious home in the heart of Nottawa, close to a charming collection of cafes and shops plus the best that Collingwood has to offer.
5 Wagner Road Photo Gallery
From the welcoming front entry to the backyard oasis…and everything in between, 5 Wagner Road is ready to welcome you home.
Zoom around the map below to see 5 Wagner Road’s proximity to schools, shops, restaurants, golf, skiing and services. In mere minutes’ from your front door you are picking up whatever you need from the store, hiking/biking/cross-country skiing on area trails or heading to the shore or slopes.
For detailed directions, click here and enter your current location.
In 4 minutes or Less…Batteaux Creek Golf Club or Downtown Collingwood
Tour the Neighbourhood
Drive slowly and circle the block from McKean, get a feel for the area, notice the nearby parkette, perfect for an impromptu game of soccer or frisbee. This is a wonderful area to raise kids or for the grandkids to visit. The friendly neighbourhood is quiet enough that you’ll soon feel you’ve found that elusive hidden gem: a home in the heart of town yet with a peaceful tone that many would call ‘country charm’.
Since pictures are only the visual part of the story, we hope you’ll make your appointment today to fill in the rest! Please contact Bruce Johnson with any questions and/or to schedule your private showing.
Experience all the reasons why 5 Wagner Road should top your list. It’s always a moving experience when you decide to Live…Where Others Vacation!
MLS® # 1626336